How Accurate Are Home Pregnancy Tests?
How accurate are home pregnancy tests?
Home pregnancy tests today with 99% accuracy. However, if a pregnancy test is done too early, you may get a false negative result.
False positive result is possible, but extremely rare. If you get a positive pregnancy test, then you probably really are pregnant. Usually a false positive result can occur only when the woman receives some specific drugs. For example, if you have received injection “hCG” Sprayed follicles need to be tested to pass 14 days because the injection containing progesterone. If the test before the end of 14 days, the test will detect the presence of hCG from the injection and can give a false positive result.
The advantage of testing by blood consists in the following:
- Gives earlier results compared with domestic urine tests. Accurate results can be obtained 7-12 days after conception.
- The concentration of hCG were measured kvantitativno. It can give the doctor valuable information in case of monitoring any problems during pregnancy.
Negative by laboratory testotvi pregnancy:
- More expensive in comparison with home urine tests.
- Must be made in the laboratory.
- The results have to wait longer than domestic tests, whose results are obtained in a few minutes.